We realise that first impressions are all important and that our driving staff are ambassadors for Homeward Bound. Every driver is a true professional in corporate appearance, driving skill and courtesy. We insist on an accommodating attitude towards passengers and ensure all our drivers possess excellent safety records.
All our vehicles are fully tracked so that we know exactly where they are at every minute of the journey. We also use driver behaviour software to make sure all our drivers are driving safely. We are among the first in the industry to have installed a remote digital tachograph download system which ensures all our drivers are 100% legal where their driving hours are concerned. We can forestall problems before they occur using this system, which in turn means less inconvenience to you, the customer.
In addition to having a PSV licence, all our drivers take part in our high quality driver training programme to ensure they are the best they can be. Our whole driving team completed a GNVQ in passenger transport as well as being the first to gain their Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) – now a legal requirement. This CPC qualification ensures our drivers have been specifically trained in areas such as first aid, safe and efficient driving and customer relations. Our drivers are also CRB checked.
A programme of sustained investment allows us to operate market-leading vehicles which are all less than 3 years old. Our fleet carries our new unique livery on a base of metallic silver, readily recognisable and ideal for corporate work and weddings.
Our specifically crafted vehicles are coach built for optimum passenger comfort, not found in everyday minibuses. The exceptionally high interior specification is ideal for both prestige and private operations. Our entire fleet addition has full leather seats.
- Full air conditioning and high performance heating
- Full sized reclining coach seats with arm rests
- Full draw curtains
- Panoramic tinted windows
- 3 point seat belts to every seat
- 12V plugs as a power source available to passengers
- Each seat is fitted with individual overhead lighting/adjustable air vents
- Hand luggage racks above the seats for personal items
- Wide entrance step with handrails
- Radio/CD/public address system
- Luggage is stored in a separate boot area
- All vehicles are fitted with hands-free mobile phone systems in order that we remain in close contact with our drivers at all times
- Satellite Navigation is available for more complicated journeys
In addition, our whole fleet is compliant with the new London Low Emission Zone (LEZ) requirement.
Wherever possible, every vehicle is cleaned inside and out on completion of its journey, thus ensuring an immaculate presentation at all times.
Our mini-coaches are maintained to the highest standard – proved by our exemplary record with VOSA. Each vehicle goes through 6 weekly intensive inspections in order to forestall any problems well before they arise. Our inspections involve checking everything from brake pad/disc condition and tyre tread to individual seat belts and light bulbs!